Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Moving tasks to become sub-tasks

jeff.sutheran says:
I currently have tasks set to remind me about books I'd like to read, films I'd like to watch, albums I need to check out etc. But because there are so many of them I find it distracting to see them all individually in my task lists. I'd like to create a new 'Project' called Media (or whatever) and store these items as sub-tasks. (For me, Projects are any Tasks with sub-tasks)
Is there a way to Move these current Tasks to become Sub-Tasks of a newly created Task? I don't want to have to re-key them all into a new position - but I can't see a way to achieve what I want to do.
I'm working in the new app, on mac.
Thanks
Posted at 9:32am on March 16, 2017
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch jeff.

Good news, this is very possible :)

You can simple drag and drop tasks on top of other tasks to create sub-tasks.

So, if you have a parent task called 'Reading List', you can drag on top of it 'Harry Potter series' to create a sub-task and start building out your book pile.

Hope that makes sense - give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Tristan.
Posted 7 years ago
worldtravelin says:
Hello @tristo,

This was my issue at first, and your response helped - just a matter of getting the "right feel" of dragging & dropping into the main task.

However, now I see (via App) all my new "sub-tasks" with due dates, repeats, etc., (I created new Tasks to house them - and the Tasks do not have due dates, repeats, etc. on them as those are in the "sub-tasks") no longer appear in the primary "Today" or "Tomorrow" section of All Tasks --> they are all the way down the list, "hidden" within the Task and basically relegated to the "Tasks without due dates" area of RTM.

I am seeing them in the Today, Tomorrow & This Week lists from the top left corner menu list (app), where these "sub-Tasks" populate correctly. I guess I need to move away from relying on the "All Tasks" default screen, which now I see is almost a "junk drawer" of everything, and what I was looking to clean up the clutter in to begin with in going Pro with subTasks! :D

I will be interested to see how the Daily Report comes across in the email (if the subTasks appear or not).

Cheers!
Posted 6 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for the message worldtravelin,

You're quite right in how they appear there and how you might need to adjust your thinking :)

If I can help, please don't hesitate to let me know!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.