Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Push sync stopped working

pk2155 says:
For the last few days I have noticed that my phone has stopped syncing with my account. My settings are the same as always: Sync Mode: Auto; Sync Schedule: Push; Sync Completed: 1 month back. It used to be that if I completed a task on the webapp, my phone's widget and app window would reflect that within minutes. But now it never seems to sync unless I open the app and pull down to refresh. Is this a known issue? My phone is a OnePlus3 running a variant of Android 7.0.
Posted at 3:52pm on March 1, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pk2155,
You may want to test this by opening the app and waiting for a change to come from your account; when something is changed, the app should receive the change while open as well.

If that's not working, let us know. But if so, you may want to make sure your phone isn't preventing the app from running in the background, aren't quitting the app, etc.

Also, if this continues you may want to remove and reinstall the app after syncing it, as this could help reset something on your device.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 7 years ago
pk2155 says:
Thanks! I'll do some checking and let you know if the problem persists. I appreciate the quick reply!
Posted 7 years ago
stefanbauer says:
The same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7. App is excluded from the energy safe mode, so it should work in the background. I temporarely can solve the problem by changing the sync on e.g. 5 minutes and then back to push. It works a while but then push doesn't work anymore.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi stefanbauer,
If this continues, it'd be great if you could contact us so we could get some specifics and track this on our end.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Them same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7.
Posted 6 years ago
Hi lordjadencorr,
Thanks for letting us know. It'd be great if you could contact us so we could get some details to look into this.

Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Widget not syncing, no push sync

zztonedefzz says:
When I create a task from the web, it doesn't push to my device. I've used RTM for many years and I'm starting to have many problems in the syncing department. I have my settings for push sync and to autosync. This is causing me to have to manually sync at every turn to be sure everything is up to date.

Also the home screen widget is not syncing with the app on the device even after a manual sync. Is this being worked on?

I'm using a Nexus 5 by the way running stock android.
Posted at 4:11pm on January 22, 2014

Hi zztonedefzz,
Thanks for reporting this to us. We corrected an issue with Android push syncing; sorry about that!

Let us know if this problem continues, or if you have any further problems with the widget as well.
Posted 3 years ago

This is the real Problem again on my Device
Posted 6 years ago
Sorry to hear this has continued to be a problem. We'll continue to investigate this.

It's helpful to know if the app receives a change and syncs if you make a change in the web/desktop app (or other app) while the Android app is open.

Regarding the widget, you may want to try removing and re-adding them to see if that helps. It may also help to know what launcher you're using and whether the app itself is syncing (with your account on the web that is).

Ultimately we'll continue investigating this generally, but a lot has to do with account and device settings (push syncing is rarely affected systemically), so contacting us is the best way for us to help most quickly.

Thanks again!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.