Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Feature request: task templates.

gordonrobb says:
I use Projects quite a lot. Some have a lot of subtasks. It would be good if I could set up some template projects that I could creat new projects from when needed.
Posted at 3:59am on February 27, 2017
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi gordonrobb,

There's a few ways you might consider doing this. I'll tell you my way first and perhaps other might have their own ways as well.

In short, what I do is set up a set of tasks and subtasks, including notes, that are structured the way I need to get something done.

From there, what I do is complete the subtasks and main task(s), as I go forward.

If I need to do the project again, which can be quite often, I simply go and uncomplete the tasks.

This can be more of a feature useful for Pro users as your completed tasks remain visible forever. (For non-Pro, you can see your completed tasks for 7 days but they do remain in place, just not visible)

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
That would work, other than I'd want to keep the already completed ones as a record.
Posted 7 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Sure - you can consider duplicating the tasks to achieve that so that does give you more flexibility.

You could do that from a master set or at the end of a project from the completed tasks
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
I would second duplicating them. (I like having a record of what I've done so I never uncomplete a task in order to reuse it).
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
Still think it would be a useful feature to have 'template' tasks or projects that can be used to create new task. That way they are not counted in your total tasks.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.