Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

What happened to 9am daily summary notifications?

(closed account) says:
It used to be that at 9am every day I would get a notification (in my notification bar) on my Android phone of tasks due for the day. That notification disappeared. I used to also be able to set a similar reminder notification for a task for any time during the day, but now it complains that I need to set up a contact method in my settings.

But I don't want to set up my mobile phone for SMS text message notifications. I want the notifications that used to show up in my notification bar. What happened to those?
Posted at 6:10pm on December 15, 2016
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi brianb8,

It sounds like you're talking about the Daily Digest!

Your first step is to review your Daily Digest and Reminders settings to make sure they're set up the way you want:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#settings/digest
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#settings/reminders

You can set the Daily Digest to reach you by a range of different methods :)

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers, Tristan.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes, I did that, but it sends me SMS text message notifications, not notifications on my notification bar. I don't want text messages, I want the notification I used to get.
Posted 7 years ago
I understand your confusion here.

What you need to do is set up 'Desktop' notifications in your Contact preferences.

These are actually how Remember The Milk controls Android push notifications to your notification bar. Once they're set up, you should be back under control.

Let me know how you get on :)
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Ah, thanks! It worked. It is fairly confusing. It would be nice if there was some tip on the settings page that indicates desktop notifications are the same as android notifications.
Posted 7 years ago
Great, thanks for letting me know. Sorry it's not more clear - we'll take that feedback and see what we can do :)

All the best, Tristan.
Posted 7 years ago
isometric says:
I have 2 android devices and rtm is installed on each. I get a daily digest in the notification bar on one but not the other. I have daily digest sent to desktop in the settings page on the web.
Any idea why?
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
isometric, if you go into the android app settings and go to Daily Digest, select Daily Digest Display, and set one phone to Off and one phone to Show in notification bar, does that work?
Posted 7 years ago
isometric says:
Well I guess I was getting the display in the notification bar on the one phone illicitly, haha. I don't have rtm pro and when I select show DD in notification bar (from within the android app settings) I get a popup that says you need to have pro for that feature. So I guess the gravy train is over, lol
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.