Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Frustrations trying to make subtask parent task again

jamezzz says:
I accidentally drag/dropped a task such that it became a subtask. Now I cannot seem to move it back out to being a parent task. I understand that when dragging a task if you drop it on another task that is yellow it will become a subtask of that highlighted task. Problem is I can't seem to find a place that DOESN'T cause one task or another to highlight so it always becomes a subtask of some other task. Very frustrating. Any tips on turning a subtask back into a parent? I would just delete it and reenter, but it has a bunch of subtasks of it's own. I think the dragging and dropping of tasks needs a little work. Or better yet, add some shortcuts to A) allow me to move a selected subtask up one level and B) move selected tasks up or down in the list. I've already submitted these to the ideas forum. Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted at 3:06am on November 28, 2016
jamezzz says:
Ooooh, just stumbled on my own solution. I was trying to move this subtask back to being a parent task, BUT I was operating in a smartlist view. When I went to the original List view that the subtask was assigned to I could see other tasks moving to show where the subtask would be inserted back into the original list. Not obvious! But I'm good now.
Posted 7 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for updating us on how you manged to sort this one out :)
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.