Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Desktop version

pjpw says:
Is anyone having issues with the desktop version being far less responsive than the web app?

When I click on the icon in my tray to open the desktop version or when I have it open in the task bar and click on it, it can be up to 30 seconds before it is responsive enough to input data.

I have noticed the same is often the case with my Evernote desktop version so is it simply a Windows issue or is it related to these apps needing to communicate with the online server before they are ready for input, in which case why am I not having the same issue with RTM, or Evernote for that matter, loaded in my browser?
Posted at 7:37pm on November 5, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pjpw,
Sorry to hear about this. If it continues, could you contact us so we could help more specifically? Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
pjpw says:
It's only when I have not used it for a time and it just sits there in the background. Then it is slow to respond when I do want to use it. If I have used it and go back to it within a short space of time it is then responsive.

Like I said, it is often the same with my Evernote desktop version. That's why I thought it may have simply been a Windows issue. And if no other users have reported the same issue with RTM then I guess Windows is likely the cause?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting back to me with this information. That's helpful to know, and I've passed that on to our development team.

It's possible for Windows or something more generally to be affecting this, but it's still something we'd like to investigate, so I'll let you know if I have an update or if the development team is curious about any other details.

And let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!
Posted 7 years ago
pjpw says:
Thank you.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.