Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is there a way to make start date always to be shown? (New guy here)

john.matzos says:
Hello guys i recently decided to put my s**t together and i found out this amazing app.
I'm having a trouble though i really wanna see the start date(just like the Due Date appears).
It helps me to actually begin something, i'm one of those last minute guys always and i'm in a desperate need to have this option.
I read on the forums about a few lists but i don't quite get the way they made it.
If you are kind enough to enlight me please i would appreaciate it
(If you are going to suggest i make lists and lists please do it as simple as possible)
Thank you for your time have a great day!
-John
Posted at 6:49am on November 3, 2016
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
There's no way to show start dates the same way due dates can be seen.

Start dates are used in smart lists (see below) in order to hide tasks that you can't start until some future date. Example: clean the house weekly, no need to show that task the minute you complete this week's cleaning. Task lists could be filled with unnecessary tasks that way.

Smart lists are really saved searches. In order to search for tasks that have a start date before today and within one week, type this in the search bar:
startBefore:"today" OR startWithin:"1 week of today"
You'll see a button Save as smart list on the right (on the web page), click that and give the list a name. If you want, you can order the tasks on this list by increasing start date, but still the start date itself is not shown (unless you click on the task to see the details).

Smart lists are really smart, I hardly ever use the regular lists, smart list give. a greater flexibility.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.