Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Duplicate Tasks Being Created

paulrayden says:
I sent an email through to support last week but haven't heard anything back. Keep getting an issue with duplicate tasks being created. There doesn't seem to be any logical pattern as to how or why the tasks are being duplicated, sometimes there are 2 additional copies but have seen cases where there have been 3 or 4. I've tried changing the synchronisation schedule from Milk Sync to see if that was the cause but its still happening. I now have to go through on a daily basis checking for duplicates and removing the additional entries which I shouldn't need to do. Do you know as to why these duplicates are being created? It isn't every task, but I have a large number of tasks circa 550 and it seems to be randomly duplicating them. Thanks in Advance
Posted at 3:02pm on October 10, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi paulrayden,
Thanks for getting in touch. We didn't receive a message from your username or anyone with your name, sorry! If you wanted to contact us again, we'd be happy to look out for your message.

Generally you may want to review any other apps you're using that sync into Outlook, e.g. Google Apps Sync. Other apps could cause those apps and MilkSync to cross paths and duplicate tasks as they each sync.

Keep us posted on what you find, and feel free to follow up here regarding contacting us, so we can make sure we've received your message and get back to you promptly!
Posted 7 years ago
paulrayden says:
It is only milksync and outlook that I am using. Rather than me trying to send another email and hoping that it gets through (As I have noticed a general trend on here with emails not getting through to support) Could you please raise this directly with support and look into it please
Thanks
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi paulrayden,
I am on the support team and we're happy to look into this but we'd want some more specifics to say for sure what might be happening, namely a screenshot of how these tasks appear and a log from MilkSync.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you wouldn't want to use MilkSync on two computers if each computer has Outlook syncing via Exchange, etc.

Ultimately, if contacting us isn't an option we'd be curious if you could change MilkSync to manual sync and see if the duplicates stop. Then, if you sync one time, we'd be interested to look at if that itself causes duplication and which tasks duplicate during that sync.

Keep us posted, and we'll watch out for a message from you in the meantime!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.