Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sort by due-date and subtasks

(closed account) says:
Hi,

Is it possible to sort by earliest subtask due-date? For example I have a task due on 24th with some subtasks that have to be done earlier and I sort by due date, the task is listet still on posititon "24th".

Thank you

Natascha
Posted at 12:29pm on October 6, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Natascha,
This isn't currently possible, but if you searched or viewed just the subtasks (via Today, This Week, or a Smart List), you could sort those by date to see the earliest ones.

For example, searching for isSubtask:true would just show the subtasks, or they would appear alone separately from their parent tasks if you search for properties that match them.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi I use the opposite for example
"hasSubtasks:false AND due:Tomorrow AND"
this pulls out the all the subtasks and primary tasks for that day but not the primary task name of the subtask, you can see what the primary task name is if you click on the subtask
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi,

this would be great for project-work (at the moment my solution is to manually set the next due-date on Main Task).

@richake8: Unfortunately I have a lot of projects with the same substeps, so this solution would not be more comfortable (in my case)

Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
I forgot:

Thank you for trying to help :-)
Posted 7 years ago
marmar42 says:
Love the subtasks, would love for the earliest due date in the subtask to automatically become the due date for the main task so the entire subtask set shows up properly in the task list.

Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.