Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Screen lock not working with RTM in linux (ubuntu)

gilbert.laycock says:
If I have RTM open using either the web app in chromium browser (v51, or v50, maybe older versions too), or using the new RTM linux desktop app, then my desktop session fails to lock after the specified amount of time.

It works fine if I use firefox; and clearly the screen lock works fine if I don't have RTM open at all.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, but I think this happens with other linux versions too. I've tried it on several different machines and with completely fresh desktop settings.
Posted at 3:05pm on August 31, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi gilbert.laycock,
This is due to a Posted 7 years ago
I'm a bit confused by this, since although there are some similarities the issue you linked to was on Windows and ChromeOS; and it was inhibiting system sleep, not screen lock.

Also it seems nothing has happened with that issue for about a year.

The issue did not affect me with Remember the Milk web app prior to about 2 months ago - I don't recall the exact date, since it took me some time to narrow the problem down.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi gilbert.laycock,
Sorry, the issue was reported specifically there but seems to affect Chrome/Chromium more generally.

If you wanted to compare to Firefox or another browser, test in an Incognito window, etc., we’d be keen to know any details that seem more specific to Remember The Milk here!
Posted 7 years ago
gilbert.laycock says:
Incognito windows in chromium make no difference.
The problem continues even if the Remember the Milk tab is not active, or if the window is minimized.

Firefox (v48) is OK.

Note that the issue seems to be limited to preventing the automatic screen blank/lock that happens after the session is idle for a set time. If I lock the screen "by hand", or invoke suspend directly (eg by closing the lid on a laptop) then everything works as it should.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi gilbert.laycock,
Thanks for testing. What you’re seeing sounds in line with what we would expect with that Chromium/Chrome issue.

We’ll let you know when we have an update on that, but let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.