Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Some Suggestions

(closed account) says:
So far, I am really liking RTM. However, I would like to offer the following suggestions for a future update:

1. New icon.
Having a cow on my iPhone screen and macOS dock just looks really strange. I think since it's now 2016, it might be time for a name change or at least, an icon change. Something simpler would be a little easier on the eyes. ;)

2. A nagging option.
This would be iOS notifications that just keep coming back every X amount of hours or minutes. Due app and 2do app both have this feature and it's great to have.

3. Updated Mac Shortcuts
Need a hot key to quickly add new tasks (Ctrl+Option+Command+N for new tasks or something similar). This would popup a quick interface for adding new tasks.

4. Better integration with macOS
This would include a more native app. Allow up and down arrows to navigate the tasks (instead of the "j" and "k" keys). Allow enter to open a new task and space bar to select a task to complete, etc. Allow for services menu and right click integration.

5. File attachments to tasks
In this day and age, Dropbox and/or Gmail integration for this would be great. If you were on an iOS device, the file attachment would open dropbox app and open up the file. If you were on macOS or Windows it would simply open up the file directly.

6. iOS features
Share extension is really needed. It would be great if this would work directly with the Spark email client :)

7. macOS set items in the list view
A user should be able to highlight a task item and set the priority (for instance) without having to actually open up the task. This would be a great time saver.

8. Allow for drag and drop
Allow me to drag and drop an email message from Apple Mail over to the icon in the dock and it create a task to "Look at: " with the body of the email in the notes and a link to the email item attached to the task.

Keep up the great work!
Posted at 6:53am on June 24, 2016
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.