Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Work versus Personal projects/tasks lists

pconpcs says:
I'd like to hear from people who use RTM for both they personal AND work task lists. My company recently tried out Nozbe to manage our projects and tasks... I liked it, but I'd prefer to keep it all in one place (RTM). I have many projects at work, and I need to have many tasks within them... they must also be seperated from my personal tasks. So if I'm viewing my week, I can toggle between "work" and "Personal" or both.

Has anyone done this? I'd love to hear your tips! Thanks.
Posted at 1:10pm on June 8, 2016
(closed account) says:
You might give locations a try. I think it's the easiest way. Simply create two locations 'Home' and 'Office' and assign either of these to each task.
Posted 7 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pconpcs,

Nice suggestion here from michiel - that's a great idea to use locations and can be done quickly and easily.

I tend to use tags to clearly delineate my tasks into certain workflows - obviously 'Work' and 'Home' but adding more tags to work projects such as 'Project 1', 'Project 2', 'Critical Path Project 1', etc.

If you're finding there's too many tasks to manage across 'Work' tags, that's when some Smart Lists can come into play.

Here's an example of Smart List usage from a Tips & Tricks winner: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/15564/

Depending on your individual case, there are a variety of others ways you could do it so if you need any more help, just let us know or even contact support for more detailed discussion!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.