Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Amusing iOS/Siri/Reminders integration problem

(closed account) says:
I followed the instructions to create a RTM exchange account and enable reminders - and it works fine. I add a reminder to the "Remember The Milk" list and its instantly added to my RTM inbox - great!

However...

The list is called "Remember The Milk", can't be renamed and isn't my default list. Consequently if I want to use Siri to add to this list I have to be explicit and say something like:

"Hey Siri: add World Domination to my Remember The Milk List"

This thoroughly confuses Siri which picks out the words "Remember The Milk" and adds just "Milk" to my default list.

90% of the time.

There's a limit to how much milk I need.

Would it be possible to allow the list to be renamed to something that won't give Siri a migraine - like "Work"?
Posted at 5:10pm on May 31, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi psidnell,
It should be possible to change your default list to Remember The Milk so you don't have this problem, but I'm not sure if you're doing that by preference or not. We understand if you choose that. :)

It's not currently possible to change the Remember The Milk list in Reminders though.

Currently it may be preferable to use the "Remind me to X in my Remember The Milk list" phrasing, which should work the same way. I'm not able to reproduce the results either way, but perhaps that may help.

Keep us posted on how things go!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.