Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

GMail App / Integration

bugsie says:
Is it just me who finds the GMail / Chrome extension / integration horribly unreliable?

It seems to just stop working all of a sudden even though the extension says it supports my current version of GMail.

I need to be able to trust a task manager to work otherwise what's the point?
Posted at 9:13am on May 15, 2016
martingchapman says:
Me too.
I have repeatedly raised this issue both on the forum and by direct email to support, but in every case have not received any reply from the developers, not even an acknowledgement of the issue or that they are working on it, so that tells me they are not interested in fixing it.
For me it is a deal breaker and has forced me to Toodledo for my task manager, although I much prefer RTM.
If only they could fix this I would be back and go Pro, but until they do I can not rely on this product.
Posted 7 years ago
veevandyke says:
I'm typically down twice a week. It's killing me. Usually, there are two updates per week on RTM's end, which (usually) brings me up within a day, but right now, I've been down for a whole week. I really think based on the amount of time this is broken that an alternative option of task management should be explored.
Posted 7 years ago
carloscadu says:
I've found the GMail App / Integration very cumbersome in terms of interface and usability. When I put star in an email it isn't being converted to task (even RTM integration is set to that). I couldn't see a way to capture the email link (as Todoist) in order I can follow and jump task<>email in real time. Actually, does anyone suggest any workaround to track an email from RTM? Thanks
Posted 7 years ago
martingchapman says:
I raised this problem to RTM Support by email on 4th April.
I had no response so sent an email request for an update on 16th April
By the 21st April I still had no response so I sent a final email saying I assume the lack of response means there are no plans to improve things.
On the 26th May I received this email from RTM support -

"Thanks for your feedback! And sorry for the delay in responding.
We don't currently have any announcements about updates to the Gmail add-on, but I'll make sure that the development team gets this for review. Feedback is very important to us, and we review feature requests on a regular basis as we work to improve Remember The Milk.
You can also discuss this in our Ideas forum where you can vote up your favorite ideas:"

So I think that says it all.
If the ability to reliably create tasks from GMails (and web sites) is important to you then I suggest you look outside RTM for a solution.
Which as I stated before is a great shame because I really like RTM and would love to be able to use it as my task manager but without reliable GMail integration it is no good to me.

Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.