Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sublists or a project based working?

devarni says:
Is there something planned to allow sublists or some kind of sub-projects/folders?
This time the only workaround is to use tags and smartlists?

Wunderlist has introduced "folders" which can be the root for lists - nice! Todoist has projects which can be easy moved to sub projects with different depth - very nice!

RTM has nothing like this :(
The easiest thing would be IMO to introduce folders which can be the root/parent of lists like in Wunderlist. Another idea would be a group of lists like in Evernote the "staple".
A dependency between lists ("has a parent") would be another idea, this would be similar like in Todoist...
Posted at 9:02am on April 28, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi devarni,
We offer subtasks (with a Pro account) which can be used in a similar way, for projects and for grouping tasks.

While subtasks exist within a task (with its own properties) you can use them like a folder (i.e. just to collect other tasks/subtasks), and it's possible to find these tasks via the 'hasSubtasks' and 'isSubtask' advanced search operators.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
devarni says:
Aah, yes. A bit different view but the result should be similar.

Btw. is there something planned to go a bit further and provide some kind of nested lists? I saw that such features are requested very often, because people see how such stuff is implemented with other apps (eg. with Todoist which is IMO the closest competitor now after the big update with V4) .

My premium subscription for Todoist ends this days and I'm still testing RTM... maybe you get a new subscriber for the Pro account ;)
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi devarni,
We don't currently have any plans to announce, but we're listening closely to feedback, so keep it coming! :)

In the meantime, we're not able to offer Pro trials, but we do offer full refunds of Pro upgrades for 14 days, so please get in touch if we can help with anything!
Posted 7 years ago
msalam says:
I echo this request. It was the primary thing that kept me from maintaining a pro subscription. I just can't fathom the flat list of projects without being able to group them into areas of focus. In terms of what equals a project it isn't clear to me what the intention is. Typically I would create a list per project, then I would group these lists by area of focus. Is the intent that each list be an area of focus and each task (with subtasks) equals a project? I think I tried this approach as well but then ran into an inability to view subtasks in smart lists is a particular way. Can't quite remember. Anyhow, I see requests for list folders/grouping going back to like 2006 so I don't have any expectation that this is ever going to happen.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've second the subproject (sublist) concept. Despite its drawbacks, Todoist supports both subprojects and subtasks. Having this allows for cleaner organization of tasks presentation. Sublists would provide much better organization.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.