Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Automate Due Date of Task Based upon Complete of Other Task

dreamersbrow says:
Hello,
I would like to see the option to when creating a task to make its due date dependent upon the completion of another task. Something like the due date of Task B should be 1 week after the completion of Task A.

Thanks
Posted at 8:03pm on April 14, 2016
dreamersbrow says:
Sorry for the typos.

Hello,
I would like to see the option when creating a task to make its due date dependent upon the completion of another task. Something like the due date of Task B should be 1 week after the completion of Task A.
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dreamersbrow,
You can use the "after" repeat for this, e.g. 'after 1 week'. This will generate the next task a week after completing one.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
dreamersbrow says:
Hi,

Those are close, but I'm talking about setting a task's due date after a different task is completed. I'm imaging these to be most useful as sub-tasks of a larger task.

The way I read the current "after" repeat options is that the same task is repeated after its completion?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Ah, yes, I see what you mean now; sorry I misunderstood before!

Thanks for the feedback! This sounds like an idea in our Ideas forum for "dependent tasks", which you may want to vote up.

If you wanted to submit your idea as a separate one (it sounds like there could be some crossover, but I could see these being distinct!) you can add that in the Ideas forum and others can vote it up too. :)
Posted 7 years ago
dreamersbrow says:
Ok Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.