Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Recurring SMS reminders at specific times

jimclake says:
A newbie here with what is hopefully an easy question...
I'm looking for a way to set up recurring SMS text message reminders of appointments/birthdays/etc. at specific time(s) of the day or days of the week and/or month. For example, a repeating reminder 1 day, 3 days, and 1 week in advance of a birthday or medical appointment at specific times; i.e., 9 AM each day. I thought the Daily Digest might do it but that doesn't give details of the event.
Thanks!
Posted at 2:55pm on April 1, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jimclake,
It sounds like you may want to combine the Daily Digest with adding reminders to individual tasks.

You can set the Daily Digest to remind you of tasks that start or are due today, tomorrow, or next week. Individual reminders have more flexibility of course.

If it helps, you could add reminders for a specific birthday and then duplicate that task to create another just like it, so you could change the name and due date but keep the multiple reminders you wanted.

Hope this helps!
Posted 8 years ago
jimclake says:
Thanks, Andrew, I think your last suggestion will work - I was stuck on the due date being the date of the event and had to change my thinking to the due date being the date I want the reminder to fire...
Posted 8 years ago
Hi jimclake,
It should still be possible to use the due date of the event and set up the reminders the way you want. (Fitting example: I set up my own personal birthday tasks this way.) Here's an outline of how you could do this:
* Set your Daily Digest to remind you of tasks due tomorrow (and possibly today too if you wanted).
* Add a birthday task, set to the date of the birthday.
* Add reminders to that task: set to 1 week before, 3 days before, and 1 day before.
* Duplicate that task and edit the name and due date for your other birthdays.

Hope this helps!
Posted 8 years ago
jimclake says:
I think I tried that initially, Andrew, but the digest reminders didn't give me the detail information I was looking for; e.g., name of doctor and/or location of medical appointment or name of birthday person. I had to go into the RTM app for that information - unless I'm missing something?
Thanks again.
Posted 8 years ago
The Digest would only include the task's name, not a note, list, tag, etc. Depending on what you name the task it should provide a quick overview of the task coming up.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.