Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to set RTM "picker date" in order first column shows Monday?

carloscadu says:
Hi,

I heard from RTM support that "start of the week is dependent on the country set, so you may want to check this or change it to another country that uses Monday as the first day of the week officially".

I set RTM country to many countries (e.g. China, Slovene, Australia, New Zealand), which have Monday as first day of the week. However, RTM calendar picker is till showing Sunday as the first column for all these countries.

How to set RTM "picker date" in order first column shows Monday?

Thanks for info,
Carlos
Posted at 7:23pm on March 16, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Carlos,
Sorry I misspoke when you had written by email; I meant the language set, not the country.

For example, UK English has this setting.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
Hi andrewski,

Thanks for clarification. Now RTM web is showing Monday as first column. However, this change had no effect in Android app, which is still showing Sunday. How to set Android app to Monday too?

Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
Hi Carlos,
The same applies there: you can change your Android device's region to something that uses Monday as the first day. (Again, UK English is one that we know should work on all devices.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
Hi andrewski,

Thanks again for clarification. By setting android system to UK English worked.
Anyway, I would suggest this option be available in settings, for easier user customization. Same RTM already provide for date/time format, since it sounds more a user preference than a determination of formal/official country first day of week.

For instance, I am Brazilian, and if I want to keep Monday in RTM picker date in Android, I will need to use UK English instead of my mother language. Not ideal...

Best,
Carlos
Posted 8 years ago
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for your feedback on that; I've passed it on to the development team.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.