Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Combine/merge/append notes from different emails sent to RTM. Possible?

carloscadu says:
Hi,

I am sending emails to RTM that are related to a same/single subject that is being updated. Although in the email app it is equal to one task, each time I send the updates of the email to RTM a new task is created.

I am looking for a way the email updates send to RTM could be combined/merged/append as a singe task. Since email contents are "notes" in RTM, what is desirable is that the operation happens in a note level. I mean, I could create a task in RTM and each email update could be added as subtask, but it isn't desirable, since the emails updates aren't new tasks in fact. What is being generated are just new notes.

Is it possible in RTM?

Thanks!
Carlos
Posted at 10:18pm on March 10, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Carlos,
This isn't currently possible, but what you could do is to email multiple tasks/notes in and then copy/paste them to get them into one task.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
Hi andrewski,
Copy/paste tasks/notes into one task fits as a workaround. Anyway, as a suggestion, RTM could provide further functionality in this regarding (e.g. in Nozbe you can append notes to a task by writing in the email subject name as follows: #task: TASK NAME).
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.