Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Make a task from a webpage

carloscadu says:
Hi. Sometimes I need to convert a webpage in task (i.e. make a task from a webpage). I'm using Google Chrome. I couldn't see any addon or right click (context menu) RTM functionality for "add to RTM". Is it possible (and how) to make a task from a webpage? Thanks!
Posted at 1:38pm on March 7, 2016
azclaire says:
I can't remember where I found this a couple years ago - definitely a third party - but it has worked great through many Chrome and RTM upgrades.

Turn this link into a bookmark on Chrome:
Click the ≡ in the top right corner of any browser window.
Click Bookmarks from that pull down menu.
Click Bookmark Manager from that pull down menu.
Click the folder you want this bookmark to be in (or create a new one) in the left column.
Click Organize at the top of the second column where the existing bookmarks for the folder are listed.
Click Add Page from the pull down menu.
Type in the name you want to use for the bookmark and paste this into the url field.

You can name the task and assign due dates, and list/tag names.

Good luck!

javascript:(function(){h='www.rememberthemilk.com';p='/services/ext/addtask.rtm';if(window.getSelection){d=window.getSelection();}else if(document.getSelection){d=document.getSelection();}else if(document.selection){d=document.selection.createRange().text;};cp='http://'+h+p+'?d='+encodeURIComponent(d)+'&t='+encodeURIComponent(document.title);w=window.open(cp,'addwindow','status=no,toolbar=no,width=475,height=260,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();}, 500);})();

Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
Hi. Thanks for help!

The bookmarklet worked! I only miss the webpage link isn't captured and there is no space for notes to include the webpage. Do you now any workaround to insert the webpage link through the bookmarklet?

Best!
Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
I just found this forum thread pointing to a bookmarklet which captures the webpage link: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/13879/
Best!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.