Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Unsupported Gmail (version "115542886") - will there ever be a permanent solution?

martingchapman says:
This is the version of GMail (115542886) I am currently running (29/02/16) which is unsupported.
I see this is an ongoing problem with the GMail add-on.
The new RTM is really good, but for me this problem is a real issue as I use GMail all the time and continually convert emails to tasks in order to get to "inbox zero".
Are you planning to improve this situation by developing a revised GMail Extension to go with the new RTM?
One of your competitors (GQueues) has a really good GMail Chrome Extension so this shows it can be done (however IMHO the new RTM is much better and feature rich than GQueues).

Thanks and hoping for a permanent resolution soon.
Posted at 9:32am on February 29, 2016
martingchapman says:
It looks as if this version is now supported, so thanks to the developers for that.

A reply regards a permanent solution from the developers would be most welcome, and if positive, it would give me confidence that I should make RTM my task manager of choice.
Posted 8 years ago
veevandyke says:
+1 for a more permanent solution. The gmail gadget hasn't worked for me in probably a year. I keep checking and it's continuously unsupported. (sigh.) Being able to easily add a task from an email (i.e. not by forwarding the entire email to RTM) is mission critical for me.
Posted 8 years ago
martingchapman says:
It is such a shame, RTM is very well developed and feature rich except for the GMail integration.
If only they could get this sorted then RTM would be my task manager of choice and I would happily pay for the pro features.
However is has been so bad for so long that I don't hold out much hope for a solution.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.