Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Editing tag using keyaboard only

jchirschy says:
Hello,

The new interface is refreshing. Wonderful job.
But I didn't find out how to edit tags for existing tags using keyboard only. For example, how to remove a tag from a task, just by using keyboard and not by clicking on it ?
It was very convenient to edit the list of tags separated with a simple comma.
Did I miss something obvious ?
Posted at 4:57pm on February 23, 2016
biokinton says:
You can move up and down the list of tasks in the currently selected list by using 'j' and 'k' on the keyboard. Select one or more tasks using 'x' and then hit 's' to edit the task's tags. Use backspace to remove a tag or start typing the name of a tag to find it. Once you're finished press 'Enter' to save your changes. ;)

For some reason 'x' isn't mentioned on the list of keyboard shortcuts that appears when you hit '?'. I came across it by accident. ;)

HTH
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
The 'x' shortcut was originally gone when they first released the beta, but people complained right away since it worked in the old app. The "official" shortcut to select a task is "i" however. "O" is the shortcut if you want to select a subtask and have it move over to the left pane.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.