Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can I mark a task as canceled or incomplete without deleting it?

(closed account) says:
It would be helpful to be able to mark a task as incomplete or canceled without it remaining in the active task list and without deleting it. I would want the "record" to show that I have not and will not be completing this task. Is that possible?

This is helpful to me as I look back on what's been completed and what's not been completed. It would also help with repeating tasks when I want to cancel the task but have it keep repeating, but I also don't want to delete the canceled instance.

Thanks!
Posted at 2:35pm on February 19, 2016
robert.ward says:
Maybe I do not fully understand your question, but why not just mark the tasks as complete? Then you will have a record of it.

From your description I don't think many others would have a use case such as yours. Either the task exists and needs to be completed, the task has been completed so you mark complete, or you no longer need to do the task and so it is deleted.
Posted 8 years ago
xtoq says:
I'd suggest using a tag for these tasks, then if you do decide to complete them to get them out of the way, you can find them easily.
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks for the suggestion on a tag. I now tag these items with #cancel. I also edited my default smart list to not show any task with the cancel tag. This gets it out of my way, marks it as a canceled task, and it's kept as a record.

In the future, perhaps RTM will provide a way to cancel a task. That was one good thing about Nirvana, the tool I used before returning to RTM. Until the function exists here, this will work.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.