Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time limited trial for Pro features?

biokinton says:
Hi everyone,

I was a long time RTM Pro user up until a couple of years ago when I switched to a competing product. The revamp looks great and I'm really keen to test all the new features. Thing is, $40 is a lot of money to put down without being able to play with the full toy set first. I'd know within a couple of weeks if RTM was once again the task management app for me and would upgrade without hesitation. To have to pay for a whole year to find out, though. That's a tough one to justify.

Are there any plans to bring out a time limited trial of the Pro features?

Thanks! :)
Posted at 6:26pm on February 12, 2016
samitest2 says:
There's a 14-day no-questions-asked refund period. Might as well be a trial
Posted 8 years ago
biokinton says:
Brilliant - I didn't know that. Time to get testing. ;)
Posted 8 years ago
dalewking says:
It is totally ridiculous that they expect you to pay $40 for pro based on only 1 or 2 sentence descriptions of each feature. They do not even have videos showing the pro features in action. How am I supposed to know if a feature works the way I need it to without seeing it.
Posted 8 years ago
biokinton says:
By way of an update; I put down the $40, spent a day or so transferring all my tasks across and after 5 days it's looking like I'm sold. Yes, the feature set isn't quite as rich as some of the competitors and there are still changes I'd like to see but what's there is a mature product that meets most of my immediate needs. And it's fast. SUPER fast.

Having to put down the money first is a back-to-front way of doing things, I agree, but if you can afford to and you're curious I say go for it. You can always ask for it back if you're not happy. ;)

Cheers!
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have sent emails requesting to cancel the trial with no response.
Posted 8 years ago
biokinton says:
@rbendett - the 'pro' badge has disappeared from your username so I'm guessing the refund was processed successfully?
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
How do the pro features in the new version 4 compare to Todoist? I use it since a year and am overall satisfied if it weren't for a very bland UI.
Posted 8 years ago
devarni says:
Todoist has more "Pro" features on the paper but a lot of this features are available in the free RTM4.

Todoist has no reminders, no comments, no labels or custom filters working in the free version. This Todoist "pro" features working always in the free RTM4 ;)

Push notifications on mobile devices is with both apps a "pro" feature.
Nested projects or sub-tasks is working in the free version of Todoist but needs an RTM4 Pro account.
(ok, RTM4 has not nested projects/lists but the Pro version of RTM4 has subtasks)

RTM4 doesn't support uploading of attachments with Todoist this is working in the Pro version.
IMO this is also the main difference comparing both pro versions: Attachments and sub-projects
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.