Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Better subtasking

shardvicens says:
I love all the new additions being made to RTM, but I am having a little trouble with subtasking. Click and drag is a difficult, because both the task and the subtask has to be in view.

Could we provide an alternative way to do this? I'm thinking either:

a) a button that says "Make a subtask of..." that allows you to choose a parent task

b) using the subtasks field to add subtasks, by typing in a task name, and having it bring up a lists of tasks that match

Either of these methods would be a great improvement for me. Sometimes I don't remember exactly what a task was, but I know that it included the word "billing". This also makes it easier to find a task that is under one smart list, and make it a subtask of a task that is in another smart list, or not on a smart list at all yet!

This also would solve the problem of subtasking on a phone. Can you even do that? I haven't tried yet.
Posted at 2:53am on February 3, 2016
shardvicens says:
Whoops, this is supposed to be in ideas, not help...can it be moved?
Posted 8 years ago
shardvicens says:
NM, I'll post myself, just close this one please
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
Yes, you can add subtasks on the new iOS and Android apps.
Posted 8 years ago
shardvicens says:
How do you do this in iOS and Android apps? I could not figure it out (Android)

This is the subtask idea post

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/20572/
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
I'm using iPhone but I assume it is similar on Android. When you are inside a task (i.e. you can see the details of the task with notes, not just a list of tasks) tap the "Add task" plus sign button on the bottom right. Then it should give you the option to either add a note or add a subtask.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.