Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

set task to sleep until a specific time of the day

fincar says:
Is there a way, I could hide a specific task until a certain hour of the day for example 5pm. (I am familiar with the concept of a 'sleeper list', but can not find a way to filter tasks based on the current time, for example I thought of something like [tag:zu5pm AND currenttime: "before 5pm"], where zu5pm is a tag, {sleep until 5 pm} for all the tasks I want to be hidden until that time). But I can not find something like currenttime.
Posted at 11:47am on October 28, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi fincar,
It's not possible to search based on the current time completely in that way, but you could use 'dueBefore:now' or 'dueAfter:now' alongside other searches to hide tasks due later today. For example, the following would only show tasks due today that are not due later today:

due:today AND NOT dueAfter:now

You could add that to a search for a specific tag like 'sleep' so only tagged tasks are hidden.

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 8 years ago
jamesr404 says:
You may also like this search, this my default list in RTM;

dueBefore:"1 hour" AND addedBefore:tomorrow AND NOT list:sent AND status:incomplete

So if the reminder time is within an hour from now, I would already see the task.
Posted 8 years ago
fincar says:
I will try the suggestions and report back. Thank you.
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
This might be useful as well:

http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/post/116837964978/tips-tricks-tuesday-separating-timed-and
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.