Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Some questions to the developers

(closed account) says:
Some call me nosey - I prefer "curious". ;-)

I had lots of questions I was hoping you'd be willing to answer mainly out of pure interest...

1. What server-side language do you use to code this site?
2. Do you use an Ajax framework or have you done all the Ajax from scratch yourself?
- If its form scratch surely you've built the beginnings of a full framework sooooo. any chance of you releasing it as open source? :-)
3. Will you ever get bored and stop? I really hope you don't!
4. What country are you all based in?
5. Mac or PC? ;-)
6. Do you ever get disillusioned by demanding users?
7. What's your day jobs?
8. When do you think Google will buy you? ;-)

I'm sure I'll think of a million more as soon as I click the button but it's not an integration...much. So I'll say goodnight! Loving RTM so far and hoep you keep trucking along with it.

Have a nice weekend!
Posted at 1:26am on April 14, 2007
omar (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ashiro,

Great questions! :)

1. What server-side language do you use to code this site?

We use PHP and a bunch of custom C extensions for the front end.

The back end daemons etc are Python + custom C extensions.

We make some of our code open source and contribute to several open source projects.

2. Do you use an Ajax framework or have you done all the Ajax from scratch yourself?
- If its form scratch surely you've built the beginnings of a full framework sooooo. any chance of you releasing it as open source? :-)

I'm not big on frameworks, so everything is built from scratch. We started developing RTM before AJAX was called AJAX, so there weren't any frameworks to use anyway. ;)

Our code is all pretty specific to the RTM web application, but we try to make anything generic open source. :)

3. Will you ever get bored and stop? I really hope you don't!

Okay then -- we won't. :)

4. What country are you all based in?

Australia (we're in Sydney).

5. Mac or PC? ;-)

Both!

6. Do you ever get disillusioned by demanding users?

Nope. We love all our users. :)

7. What's your day jobs?

RTM is our day and night time job.

---

Hope those answers quell your curiosity. :)
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Thank you for your replies, Omar. I've never had the nerve to ask, but you, Emily, and Bob are all ful time on RTM? Now I am really confused how you can make this work. My hat is even more off to you than it has been for the last year and a half.
Posted 17 years ago
omar (Remember The Milk) says:
Ran, good question. :)

We do some part-time consulting work so that we're able to work on RTM like this -- we're fortunate to have the opportunity to work on what we love.

We enjoy helping the world be more organised and productive. :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.