Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Paging Emily :)

(closed account) says:
Emily,

I know RTM staff normally doesn't respond to Ideas threads (sadly enough), but could you please make an exception and comment here:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/1887/

I suppose one might argue it's a bug and thus able to be responded to.
Posted at 5:17pm on April 3, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
wcitypoe, thanks for your feedback on this.

We've developed the sidebar's movement to provide a smooth and consistent experience across different browsers and platforms. The sidebar takes into consideration its position on the screen and the length of the list -- on a long list, it accelerates to move smoothly into place and minimise the distraction to the user.

While we don't provide 'official' support for Greasemonkey, you're more than welcome to use this to customise your RTM experience according to your personal preferences :)
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily, I don't mean to be discourteous, but I'd respectfully suggest you poll your users on this particular point: I think the bouncy-bouncy-boingy-boinginess of the sidebar is perhaps the number-one hated feature of RTM. :-) I swear to God I'm not just speaking for myself ...
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
To be clear, I think hated is too strong a word. RTM is an amazingly productive set of tools, and among them the sidebar can be at times slow and clunky. In the midst of such a clean, efficient environment, the contrast is marked, and makes the sidebar seem more annoying than it would be otherwise. I think the Greasemonkey script is a step forward, but I also think RTM is a terrific thing all on its own.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.