Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Move a task to subtask

(closed account) says:
Pro, beta.

Has anyone ever tried to do this?

I've created a task - let's call it 'Brush Teeth' I subsequently made a task called - 'Get ready for work' and want to move 'Brush teeth' to sub-task status.

Is there an easy way to do this, or do i need to recreate the task and all my notes? I'd like to keep the history of the task in place, if at all possible.
Posted at 6:12pm on August 20, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi angie.kalamas,
You can drag the "Brush teeth" task over the "Get ready for work" task to make it a subtask. Hope this helps!

(This applies to some top-secret things over in the Remember The Milk Pro Tester Program—check it out if you want to know more!)
Posted 8 years ago
syeberman says:
What about the reverse: can you turn a subtask into a task? I've tried dragging to a few places (in the web app) but it didn't seem to work.
Posted 8 years ago
hartmut.junge says:
Hi syeberman, I tried to turn a subtask into a task and it works (web client, Pro Tester Program):

1. Open the appropriate task list (destination list for your subtask, where you want to place it)
2. To the left of your subtasks description you see three vertically aligned dots, place your cursor on these dots (cursor will change to a hand)
3. Left click and drag the subtask into the task list in the task window

Voilà: your subtask has become a task and will be displayed in the relevant task list!

It only works when a specified task list is selected, there will be error messages if you smart list "All tasks" is selected.

Hope that helps
Posted 8 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for sharing, hartmut.junge!

Aside from moving a subtask to a task in the same list, you can also drag the subtask to a different list in the sidebar to move it to a different list. :)
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
When moving a subtask back as a main task make sure you aren't in a complicated search or smart list. You generally need to be on a normal list itself and drag it there.

You can also drag a task to the name of the list all the way on the left sidebar.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.