Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Notes On A Task All Messed Up!

johnmsch says:
One of my tasks is a reminder to change the air filter and/or full purification kit in my home HVAC unit. Just noticed today that all the notes for this task are trashed.

Each time I change the filter, I add a note to that task with the date. I can then look at the task and all the notes are in order. Today I noticed that not only are they out of order, but the date-added field on every note is the same (7/25/14 @ 12:37pm). This has been working fine for years. The last time I added a note, it must have been fine or I'm sure I would have noticed it.

Don't see a way to attach a pic to this thread, so hopefully the following link will work:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/johnmsch/RTM.Notes.20150709.jpg

Anyone know what could have happened here, and better yet, can it be fixed? Wanted to post this here before contacting support directly.
Posted at 12:19am on July 10, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi johnmsch,
Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about this!

It may help to look in the web app to see how the task and notes appear there, as this could be an app issue specifically. (If so, removing the app and reinstalling may help—all your tasks are synced with your account so they would be redownloaded from the web.)

Otherwise, it would definitely be great if you could contact us so we could look at this more specifically.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 8 years ago
johnmsch says:
Thanks, but it all looks the same on the website. The notes are out of order and they all have the same added date. This just doesn't make any sense! After all these years of using RTM, I've never seen anything like this. Very bizarre!

I use the contact us link.

BTW, I just happened to be checking this forum and found your reply. Is there some way to setup an email alert when a particular thread is updated? I don't see a way to do this.

Thanks
Posted 8 years ago
jamesr404 says:
I have had this issue in the past, many years back. At that case Outlook RTM sync was blamed, ever since I didn't use Outlook RTM sync anymore.

Do you have any "add ons"? or connected services you use with RTM? I am afraid, if you didn't take any backups, that the ordering of your notes is lost. (especially since you already checked how it looks in the web app)
Posted 8 years ago
jamesr404 says:
I did a check in my history, it wasn't Outlook RTM sync, it was Blackberry MilkSync that caused it.

For RTM staff, the ticket reference was #3919 :-)
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.