Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is there a way to automatically show only lists with incomplete tasks?

leedherman says:
I use MilkSync to sync with my Outlook tasks. I have the ClearContext add-in and through it, categorize tasks with Outlook Categories. These sync properly into RTM.

Because these are also used in Outlook/ClearContext for filing email into what GTD would consider Reference, there are lots of categories in Outlook that do not have any incomplete (or even any) tasks associated with them.

I've manually hidden them so the number of lists is manageable in RTM. But the status of a list having or not having tasks changes for anything changed in Outlook. That means that tasks can be added to a list I have hidden in RTM.

If I am working from the lists in RTM, this means I won't see the new tasks by clicking on the lists. So what I'm looking for is a way to have a view of lists shown automatically if and only if the list has incomplete tasks.
Posted at 10:51pm on August 3, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi leedherman,
This isn't currently supported on the Remember The Milk side, but thanks for your feedback and description of how you use Outlook with MilkSync. I've passed your description and request on to the development team for review.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.