Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Postpone casues 100% CPU usage

hamilton_9 says:
Hi,

Ususally I have a list of anywherefrom 5-30 tasks to postpone every day. When I postpone, I get 100% CPU usage and computer stalls for 5 seconds (if only a few tasks) up to 'minutes' for more tasks.

I have a 2GHz PC with 1GB of RAM and am running Win XP w latest servicepacks installed. Browser: 7.0.5730.11

A few seconds lag is ok when postponing a group of tasks, but having to wait minutes for the update of a list of 30 text items seems a bit long (i.e. it sounds like a bug of some sort on my end or your end as opposed to an overall design flaw/ mis-use of AJAX)

Thanks
Posted at 6:00pm on March 15, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
hamilton_9, thanks for letting us know. We've been able to reproduce this problem (it's an issue on our end) -- we will work on speeding this up so this doesn't happen. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
I forgot to post to say that we located the problem, and have now sped up the postpone function so this should no longer happen -- please let us know if you continue to experience problems. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
hamilton_9 says:
It is definitely better now -- nice one!
Posted 17 years ago
No problem, this is good to hear!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.