Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

recurring task with future start and end date

jaharris67 says:
I don't know if this can be done or not. Maybe I've got the wrong order of operations. I'd like a recurring task to start in the future and have an end date with the task repeated after X days. Think of a task that coincides with a school year and ends before the summer.

I entered the task like this: do TASK on 8/1/14 repeat after 10 days until 4/30/15. RTM put the task due date as 4/30/15 (I want that to be the end date) with no repeating. It interprets the task as "do TASK on 8/1/14 repeat after 10 days" ignoring the August date as a date and ignoring the repeating.

I entered the task in plain english instead of symbols (e.g. ^ or # or *) because I couldn't find an end date symbol.

Any help would be appreciated. I have several of these type of tasks and my work around has been to ignore them for the months they don't apply but it bugs me to do it this way. (Personality flaw, I know.)

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Posted at 3:35pm on May 18, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jeff,
Currently end dates aren't supported with "after" repeats (since they're only generated upon completion); in your case at the end of April 2015 you could simply delete the task and it would stop repeating (or change the due date to when you'd want it to start up again later in the year).

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.