Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Syncing RTM with Google Calendar

(closed account) says:
Ultimately I would like to be able to enter a task in RTM or in Google Calendar and have it sync to the other one on that specific day(s) and time. Is this possible? Will this soon be possible?
Posted at 2:36pm on April 25, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pauldawson22,
We don't have sync between both, but you can use our Google Calendar gadgets to manage your Remember The Milk tasks in Google Calendar or use iCalendar to view your Remember The Milk tasks in Google Calendar -- or both at once! :)

Hope this helps!
Posted 9 years ago
pachela says:
I've gotten part way there by setting up a "recipe" at www.ifttt.com.
TRIGGER: Google Calendar - Any new event added
ACTION: Gmail - Send an email (to your RTM Inbox Email Address)

Shortfalls of this method:
- the RTM task will not reflect edits or deletions made in gCal
- only the first of a recurring event will be added to RTM
- there is sometime a long wait until the task appears in RTM (Google Calendar can take up to 24 hours to sync)

If someone has come up with a more reliable method, I'd love to see it.
Posted 9 years ago
pachela says:
Another problem with the above method - only events added to the main calendar associated with the Google account will be picked up by IFTTT.

For example, you have two calendars setup in gCal. You've named the default calendar "Home" and created a second calendar "Work". Only the events added to "Home" (the default calendar) will sync to RTM.

My awkward workaround is to initially add all events to my default calendar. Once saved, I edit the event to change the calendar.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.