Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

newbie question- is it better to have more lists with less tasks

mcenzalli says:
I am trying this program out as a way to replace my legal pad lists with an electronic version. I am also testing Evernote and dont love it. Would appreciate any advice to a newbie.
Posted at 3:26pm on March 4, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mcenzalli,
First of all, welcome to Remember The Milk! :)

Ultimately this is up to you, as we try to make Remember The Milk flexible, but here are a few ways that users like to organize their tasks:
* You can create a list for each small group of tasks you wish to organize. This could end up with a lot of lists, but that may be acceptable.
* If you prefer fewer lists, you can use tags to group tasks in other ways. For example, some users organize their tasks into lists for Personal/Work/etc. and then group something like a "project" or other group with tags within that.
* On the other extreme, some users have very few list (or even just the Inbox) and organize everything with tags.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that we offer Smart Lists, which you can also use alongside lists to organize your tasks. Those can be a handy way to create "artificial" lists, which may be more temporary. (A lot of users who have few lists may still have more—or many!—Smart Lists. :)

Hope this helps! Let us know where you end up or if there's anything else we can help with.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.