Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Mobile version doesn't stay logged in

(closed account) says:
I posted this under "Help", but it occurred to me that it might count as a bug. So here it is again:

I recently bought a Treo smartphone. At first, RtM worked great on it. I could access my todo lists from anywhere, and all was well with the world.

But for the past couple of weeks, the mobile version of RtM refuses to stay logged in on my Treo. Every single time I go to an RtM page I have to log in again. This is really annoying. I've tried flushing my cache and cookies, to no avail. I'm not having this problem with any other mobile web sites, such as the Google mobile sites. And again, it's only begun doing this in the past couple weeks.
Posted at 3:57pm on February 28, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
(Re-posted from other topic.)

avdi, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately I'm not too sure what could be happening here, as we haven't made any changes to our mobile version recently.

Have you tried using the secure HTTPS URL? It's at https://m.rememberthemilk.com/

If you continue to experience problems, could you please let us know the following information?

- Phone brand and model number
- Browser and version number
- Mobile network provider you use

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
I tried the HTTPS URL, and the same thing happened.

I'm using a Palm Treo 700p
The browser is Palm Blazer 4.5
I'm on Sprint.

Something even weirder I just noticed: RtM doesn't show up in the browser history at all.
Posted 17 years ago
avdi, thanks for letting us know -- we can look into this and see if there are any known issues with this model and browser.
Posted 17 years ago
nitin.badjatia says:
emily,

I'm having the exact same problem with my Treo 700p and Blazer 4.5.

RTM doesn't seem to remember the login, while a whole bunch of other websites work just fine.

As avdi said, this is really annoying. It used to remember the RTM site perfectly.
Posted 17 years ago
nitin.badjatia says:
Sorry, I forgot to add that I was on Sprint as well.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have always had this problem with the https and http addresses. I use Verizon with and LG vx8100. Relatedly, Gmail does manage to stay logged in across sessions, so it must be something with RTM. :(
Posted 17 years ago
For Sprint users who used to be able to use this feature, we haven't made any changes to the mobile version recently, but it's possible that Sprint may have made changes on their network that affect the mobile version.

Unfortunately we're not able to test on the Sprint network to determine this (as we're in Australia). We'll see if we can do some testing with Blazer 4.5 though in case the problem is with the browser. Thanks for providing details to help us diagnose this!
Posted 17 years ago
na2rboy, which browser are you using on your phone? Have you tried Opera Mini? This browser usually has good support for the mobile version.
Posted 17 years ago
skelter says:
I am experiencing this problem as well. What information can I supply?

At this point, I'm thinking about trying my hand at a java application that would use the API. Anyone else game? Or, is there one out there already?
Posted 17 years ago
skelter, this troubleshooting page for the mobile version includes the information that you can provide about your phone. Thanks!

There isn't a Java app available, but you'd be more than welcome to use the API to develop one :)
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily--Verizon doesn't allow adding other programs outside of their "Get It Now" service. So we are stuck with the Openwave browser. But again, Google does stay logged in across sessions, so I know it is possible. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.