Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Chrome on a Mac

adam.lippman says:
I've been using RTM in a chrome browser on a Mac for months. I know the browser autoupdates, and I believe it did so earlier this week. At the same time, I began getting an error page every time I attempt to load my tasks. Its the "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage." error.

I can still use chrome on a pc and other methods of accessing my tasks, including safari on the same mac, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the chrome update. Anyone else see this issue? Any fix?
Posted at 11:41am on August 30, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi adam.lippman,
Sorry to hear that! Can you contact us so we can discuss some more details and help you resolve this?

Thanks!
Posted 10 years ago
adam.lippman says:
Just did. THanks.
Posted 10 years ago
allanlibunao says:
I just wanted to say that I've been definitely seeing this as well.

For a couple of weeks, the combination of emptying the browser cache and clearing data from hosted apps via Chrome for Mac's settings was letting me successfully load rememberthemilk.com whenever I got the "Aw, Snap!" message.

However, starting tonight, nothing I do in Chrome for Mac to get rememberthemilk.com to load properly is working; I've had to just load RTM in Safari to keep working.
Posted 10 years ago
Hi allanlibunao,
I see your message and have contacted you by email; we'll discuss this and see if we can help resolve it for your account. Thanks for contacting us!
Posted 10 years ago
sostasks says:
I am actually having the same issue...aw snap on remember the milk with a macbook pro and chrome
Posted 10 years ago
Hi sostasks,
I received your message as well and we'll help you figure out what's happening for you as well. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Posted 10 years ago
colbrydi says:
I am seeing this issue too and my typical fixes are not working.

This issue has happened to me on and off since August 2013 (mostly off). Generally I could just log out and back into chrome and the problem would mostly go away. I could always switch to safari but I have a css plug-in that I prefer to use on chrome (Note: disabling the plug-in does not solve the problem). Last time this bug gave me trouble I filed a ticket with RTM (case number 42090) and soon that it started working again (mostly) so I have have not actively tried to debug. One suggestion they had last time was to use incognito mode to avoid cookies, plug-ins, etc. However, incognito mode gives me the same results.

This time, nothing I do gets rid of the message. Any suggestions for what I can try?

Posted 10 years ago
colbrydi says:
This issue fixed itself again. It is possible I that Chrome automatically updated itself over the weekend (I'm not sure). In any case, Version 31.0.1650.57 of Chrome on my Mac (OS X 10.8.5) seems to be working.

Hope this helps,

- Dirk
Posted 10 years ago
sosdjing says:
I'm having the same problem.

Anyway to post the solution in this forum?
Posted 10 years ago
Hi sosdjing,
This seems to be an error caused by specific (internal?) Chrome components, so we don't have a general solution/workaround at present, but it'd be great if you could contact us so we could gather some account-specific details to track this down for you.

In the meantime, if you're seeing the same problem as others here, you should be able to use Remember The Milk from another browser in the meantime.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.