Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Deleted tags still show on iPhone tag list

nbooker says:
Tags deleted on the web app still appear in the tags list on my iPhone. Tried reloading the page on the web app, exiting and restarting th iPhone app, but they're still there.

Someone reported the same problem on the Android phone a few years ago (https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/android/8290/), but the "solution" posted was to delete the tags on the iPhone manually.

That may technically be a "solution," but hey, my iPhone is supposed to stay in sync with my web app, right? That's why I paid to upgrade to Pro.

Is there a setting I can change so that tags deleted on the web app will automatically be deleted from my iPhone, or am I stuck with the manual solution?
Posted at 8:03pm on February 21, 2013
brendan says:
Hi nbooker,
The iPhone app doesn't automatically remove tags when all of the associated tasks are gone the way the web app does, and there's no setting to change this, sorry.

If you have a lot of old tags, it may be easiest to use the Reset function of the app. This will clear all the data from the iPhone app and download a fresh copy of your tasks from our servers, including only the tags that exist in the web app.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.