Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Push notification (reminder) - doesn't go to task

edanm says:
Hi,

When I get a notification (reminder) of a certain taks on my iPhone, and I swipe-open it, I should be directed to the RTM app, and taken inside it to the specific task.

This works sometimes, but often, I'm just directed to the app and *not* taken to the specific task.

Any idea why?
Posted at 8:52am on January 6, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi edanm,
If the task has already synced to your device, the notification should open to it directly. However, if the task hasn't yet synced to your device (e.g. you added it in the web app or elsewhere, not in the iPhone app, and haven't used the iPhone app since then) then it doesn't open to it directly.

I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience.

Additionally, this only has the potential to work when the notification is for a single task, so a notification for multiple tasks due at a specific time or a daily reminder won't open to any single task.

Thanks for letting us know!
Posted 11 years ago
edanm says:
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response

It's possible that your explanation covers it, but I think (not sure) that it's happened to me with synced task as wel as non-synced tasks.

Is there any way to make a list of the tasks that could've been pushed recently? For example, a way to make a list of tasks due within the last hour?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi edanm,
You may want to try entering a search like the following:

dueBefore:now AND dueAfter:"today at 3:00pm"

This will show you all tasks due after 3:00 today and will exclude tasks that aren't due yet. Completed tasks will be included too, so be sure to check the completed view as these may have issued a reminder notification too.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
edanm says:
Is there a way to do a "relative" du after? E.g. dueAfter:"1 hour ago"? Then I could make a list that's always relevant and is easy to move to in the iPhone app.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi edanm,
It is possible to do relative searches (such as dueAfter:"1 hour from now") but these relative references with dueAfter: always look into the future. "1 hour ago", like you mentioned, is not currently supported, sorry.
Posted 11 years ago
edanm says:
OK, thanks for the help.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.