Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Week view

jerib says:
I'm a new iPad RTM user. I see lots of info on the web about this wonderful new week view, but really, Where is next week? And next month? I want to set some things up for January. I found the little spinner thing, and it's cute and all, but I'm over it already. As in, I may have to look for another app, or a pen and paper if that's the only way to set tasks for beyond this week.

I don't mean to be whiny but I've been clicking and sliding everything, and I can't find "next week".
Posted at 1:26pm on December 24, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jerib,

If it's different views you'd like to see, you might be interested in checking out Smart Lists, which allow you to create customizable views of your tasks.

The app doesn't have a "next week" or "next month" view, there are some creative Smart Lists that people have suggested.

e.g. tasks due next week:

dueBefore:"next monday" and (dueAfter:monday or due:monday)

e.g. tasks due next month:

dueWithin:"2 months of 1st" NOT dueWithin:"1 month of 1st"

(They may look complicated but you only need to enter them once to create a Smart List. :)

For entering due dates in the iPad app, there are a few different ways. If you don't wish to use the iOS date picker, you can also choose 'Custom' and enter the due date there (as well as dates, you can enter many phrases in English like "next monday" or "3 days" (see more examples).

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, please let me know.
Posted 11 years ago
jerib says:
So, there just one view, and it's this week?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi jerib,
The iPad app has some built-in views (such as "This Week", "Today", "Tomorrow", etc.) but the Smart Lists that Emily mentioned let you create your own custom views.

Each Smart List is essentially a saved search, so you can create a Smart List to show tasks for next week or next month. Anything that you can search for with our search operators can be turned into a Smart List.

If you have any questions on how to create a specific Smart List, please contact us via email and we'd be happy to help.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.