Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ipad syncing

markwilliams says:
Is there anything that can be done to speed up the sync speed on the Ipad?

I primarily use the Web App for most task creation/completion.

Occasionally, I'll pull up RTM on the Ipad and find it works well after it syncs, but that sync takes 30-60 seconds and makes the App a lot less usable if I have to wait each time I open it.

I was truly hoping after going Pro to get unlimited syncs that these syncs would happen in the background so no waiting would be required once I open up the Ipad app, but apparently that is not the case.

If this wait were not required, the Ipad app would be A LOT more usable.

Any help or configuration tips to speed ipad syncs up would be greatly appreciated.
Posted at 10:31pm on December 2, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi markwilliams12,
It's not possible for iOS apps to work in the background, so our app can't sync in the background; sorry for the inconvenience.

The app may take a bit longer if it has more changes to update, like if you haven't updated it in a few days or if you've made a lot of changes elsewhere that the app has to receive.

The only other thing could be a network problem. If you suspect that, you can contact us and we can discuss some details.

You're welcome to use the app while it's syncing, unless of course you're awaiting one of the tasks so you can view/edit it. :)

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
iwaddo says:
This is interesting, RTM on my iPad syncs when I'm not using it so long as I've not actually closed down the app.

I've just tested it by creating a task on-line with a reminder for 5 mins and without me open RTM on either my iPhone or iPad the task was there and the alarm went off.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi iwaddo,
Reminders in the iOS apps are issued via Push Notification. This means they're sent from our servers and not from the device itself, so you can receive the reminder on your device even if you haven't synced yet.

Could this explain what you're seeing?
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.