Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Syncing between iPhone app and web app?

kmichael says:
I just downloaded RTM today and I entered a few tasks on my computer. I then opened the app on my iPhone and clicked sync, and none of the tasks showed up on my iPhone.
Posted at 4:17pm on August 29, 2012
brendan says:
Hi kmichael,
First, you may want to verify that you're using the same username in both the iPhone app and in the web app. In the web app, your username is displayed at the top right. In the iPhone app, you can find it by opening the app settings, then tapping Account Info.

If the usernames match, would you be able to contact us so we can take a closer look with you?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
diannemerritt says:
Can you sync the iPhone/iPad with web without purchasing the Pro account?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi diannemerritt,
Yes. Using the free editions of the iPhone and iPad apps, you're able to sync once every 24 hours. The Pro editions allow unlimited auto-syncing.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
potak says:
Hi,

I just installed the iPhone app, logged in on the website, created some tasks and afterwards pressed the sync button on the iPhone > nothing happened :-(
The only result: the iPhone app says (when trying to sync again): next sync possible in 23h, 58min. So obviously there was a sync.
Is there a certain period I have to wait after creating tasks before being able to sync them? Is it possible to pull tasks created at the PC to the mobile device by pressing the sync-button on the mobile?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi potak,
When you sync the app, tasks are transferred in both directions: changed made in the web app are pulled onto your iPhone, and changes from the iPhone app are uploaded to our servers. There is no waiting period for tasks after you create them.

If the sync doesn't seem to be working, would you be able to contact us via email so we can take a closer look at this with you?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
susanlasecki says:
How do you actually Sync the app with the web based info? I cannot seem to figure it out in either location
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi susanlasecki,
To sync the iPhone app, tap on the sync icon (the 2 arrows forming a circle) in the lower left corner of the app.

The web app will automatically reflect any changes that you sync from the iPhone app, so you won't ever need to worry about syncing the web app manually.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
debkirkham says:
I just synced my iPod with my computer. My computer was the most up to date in terms of my tasks and their completion. Unfortunately it seems to have changed all the tasks back to what they were on my iPod so they are now all out of date and wrong. Is there anyway of undoing a sync? How can I avoid this is the future?
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi debkirkham,
It's not possible to undo a sync, sorry. This may have happened if the app were restored from your computer to your iPod touch and then synced when the Remember The Milk app opened the next time.

To prevent this from happening in the future, it may be worthwhile to make sure the app isn't synced from your computer to your iPod touch. (This would happen when restoring from a backup, for example.) If you do restore from a backup or similar, you can always remove the app and reinstall it on your device from the App Store. Then, logging in and syncing would download your tasks directly from the server.

Hope that helps! If you have any other insights about what happened, we'd love to know them!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
When I look under settings, RTM says my last sync was ten minutes ago, yet none of the tasks I have entered on my iPhone are on the web app. My username is the same for both. When I touch the sync button on my phone, it says another sync is not available for 23 hours, so it thinks it synced.
Posted 11 years ago
Hi mengle67,
If you could contact us, we'd love to discuss some more details with your account and see what we can do to help you out. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
huseyinsukun says:
Good morning

we are a company in Turkey in Istanbul and want to use RTM for both PC and İPHONES for 6 persons.But some persons can not speak english,there is no problem for pc version because of turkish select however for iphones no turkish version.Do you have any plan turkish version for iphones

Posted 11 years ago
Hi huseyinsukun,
We don't currently have a complete translation for Turkish for our iPhone app. If you'd like to contribute, you can use our translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.