Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Don't create tasks

(closed account) says:
When I read a email and I use "Add to tasks", automatically appears in Gmail tasks. Is there a way it appears on RTM add on ?

Also, it doesn't work "Create a task when I star an email" and "Create a task when I label an email with"

Version 31017031.

Any suggestion? Thanks.
Posted at 10:05pm on June 19, 2012
brendan says:
Hi tansolojp,
When creating a task from an email, be sure to use the "Create task" function (instead of "Add to tasks"). This will create a task in Remember The Milk.

This version of Gmail is supported so you should be able to create tasks by starring and labeling. Would you be able to contact us so we can walk through some troubleshooting steps with you?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi!

It doesn't appear that function "Create task" :(
When I click in the button 'More' I just can see:

- Mark as non read
- Mark as non important
- Add to tasks
- Create event

Maybe is it happen because I use chromium?

Please, help me! :(
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
tansolojp,
If you could contact us so we could discuss some solutions by email, that'd be great. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
hamdanfiras says:
hello,
i have the same problem,
any solution?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi hamdanfiras,
First, can you check to see if you're also using a supported version of Gmail? This page gives instructions on how to find your version number.

If your version is supported and you're still unable to create tasks, can you contact us so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
bek.clark says:
My tasks are not showing in the Tasks pane. The lab is enabled but tasks aren't seen. When I attempted to check what version I'm using I note that I don;t have the tab I was instructed to check. ??????????????????
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi bek.clark,
If you're not seeing the Tasks tab at all, would you be able to contact us so we can try some other methods to check your Gmail version?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm having exactly the same problem. I've enabled "Add when starred" and "Add when labelled" but neither work.

The RTM task list is appearing on the right.

I notice that from within the RTM website, under Settings > Services, that Google is not shown as having permission to interact - could this be the problem?

"You haven't given any third-party services permission to interact with your Remember The Milk account."

I can't find a way of giving permission to the Google account.

Can anyone help?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi germanfred,
The Settings > Services page will only list third party applications that have been authorized on your account, so you won't see our Gmail Browser Add-on listed there.

If you've verified that you're using a supported version of Gmail and you're still unable to add tasks by starring them, can you contact us via email?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
karedor says:
I am an add-on to OP with my own newbie issues..... I use google apps name@domain.com for my gmail/google access. I have the command under my "more" tab to add to tasks OR create an event. will RTM work for me to add tasks?
also I am using a Nexus 7 for remote and would like to be able to sync both devices of course.

I did your Chrome brow
Posted 11 years ago
Hi karedor,
The Gmail add-on works in Apps accounts also. As Brendan mentioned above, it sounds like you have an unsupported Gmail version though. You may want to check yours and contact us if your version isn't listed.

You can use the Android app to synchronize your tasks with your Nexus 7.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
jonathan.clus says:
Hi, my gmail version is:
You are currently using Gmail version "35362766".
This version is supported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.

But when i cliked on "Create Tasks", nothing append :( That's work fine some weeks ago.
Is there a way to fix it ?

Regards,
Posted 11 years ago
jonathan.clus says:
My bad, after few try that s works Oo, sry for the spam ;)
Posted 11 years ago
mark.aspinwall says:
Afternoon,

II have the same problem but only in Chrome (work has moved onto google and I have am set up on that with the gmail version at work fully supported:
You are currently using Gmail version "35855168".
This version is supported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.)

When I go into an e-mail to create a task I don't get the option to create task.

Meanwhile in Firefox I have that option so can merrily add things there (I use Firefox for my home e-mail) so I can see what I should be doing but sadly it is not available in Chrome.

Any suggestions (apart from using firefox as my office are encouraging us to use Chrome so that they only need to support Chrome and not other browsers)?

Posted 11 years ago
Hi mark.aspinwall,
In an email you should be able to go to the More menu at the top right and choose "Create task" to add a task associated with the message.

If that's not working for you, we'd like to get some details for you; if you could contact us we'd love to discuss this by email. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.