Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

tasks not shown on google calendar

razi says:
Hi everyone,

First of all, just want to say that I'm a RTM newbie and I'm very happy and excited to be using this tool to help get my life together :-)

Anyways, I've hooked up RTM to google calendar. However, I only see the RTM checkmark at the top of each day in the calendar but I do not see any of the tasks listed out until I click the checkmark.

Is this how it is suppose to work or are the tasks suppose to show up right away in the calendar?

I appreciate all replies!
razi.
Posted at 6:31pm on January 17, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Razi, welcome to RTM :)

Yes, this is how it's supposed to work. We do have another feature available that lets you view your tasks on your Google Calendar -- however unfortunately it only works with lists that are public, and it only updates every few hours (so you might not see the latest tasks that you've added in RTM until it updates). For these reasons we recommend using the feature with the checkmarks. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
razi says:
Great, I'll just stick with the checkmarks for now then.

Thanks for the reply, Emily!

razi
Posted 17 years ago
k7lim says:
Emily,

It would be grand to be able to show tasks at their specific due date and time.

I have moved to the checkmarks, but miss the old iCal way of seeing tasks. However, I choose to use checkmarks so I can keep my tasks private.

Is there any future possibility of having on-calendar tasks, that is private?

Best,
Kevin
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Kevin, hopefully Google may add support for authenticated iCalendar subscriptions in the future, so that it's possible to keep lists private -- in the meantime, unfortunately it's necessary to make lists public to subscribe to them in Google Calendar with the old method.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.