Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

When will starring & labelling be available for NON US countries like the UK?

andy.dingle says:
I haven't found anything on the forum to suggest that RTM will update Starring & Labelling function for Remember The Milk for Gmail Browser Add-on for the UK.

Is this likely to be changed sometime soon?
Posted at 11:38pm on May 22, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi andy.dingle,

Sorry, it's probably not likely to be available soon. :(

Every time that Google changes Gmail's code in a way that affects the functionality of the add-on, we have to re-code to support the new Gmail code. This is something that typically happens at least once a week, so it's a significant effort for us to keep up with Gmail's code.

Regarding supporting additional language versions of Gmail, the problem is that Google uses different code for each language version (even UK English vs US English), so to support just one additional language would double the engineering commitment needed on our end every time Gmail's code changes. :(

Hopefully Google might provide better support for what we're doing in the future, but in the meantime, if you don't mind the funny spelling, you can change your language preference in Gmail to be US English to use Remember The Milk for Gmail.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
andy.dingle says:
Thanks Emily,

I'll give it a go, I may have to switch between UK & US to allow Gmail integration.

It's a shame Google is not more unified to deal with things like this.

Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.