Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Our biggest iPhone app update ever has arrived!

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Version 3.0 has a completely new interface, with a card stack similar to our iPad app that allows you to swipe your way through your tasks and notes with gestures for a natural, fun way to manage your tasks. We've also snuck a bunch of new features and improvements into the app. Please check out the blog post for full details.

As always, we love feedback; if there are specific features/improvements you'd like to see, we'd love it if you can post your ideas in the iPhone app category of the Ideas forum.

Thanks, and we hope you like the update! :)
Posted at 12:50pm on May 14, 2012
action.manager says:
First impression: looks nice!
Posted 11 years ago
stephen.nevison says:
Looks good, it will take a few days of use to get a proper feel for it but seems like it's nicely appropriated the iPad design and the new features are great.

One thing I was hoping for would be the ability to customise the main 3 lists from week, today & tomorrow to some of my own smart lists but maybe that is something for 3.1 ;)
Posted 11 years ago
benvon says:
Loving the new interface. My iPhone was getting jealous of the iPad's swanky RTM duds.

Thanks for the update!
Posted 11 years ago
pstoffel says:
Great update for the iPhone, thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
richard.fox says:
Awesome! A very much needed and appreciated update, feels much better after just a few minutes of use!

Thank you to Bob & the team! :)
Posted 11 years ago
johnwin says:
A real improvement, can we look forward to a similar interface for the web app too? I do hope so
Posted 11 years ago
janvanderploeg says:
This new version of the app is really awesome! The interface works fine on the iPad. Good to have it now on the iPhone. So, congratulations on this release. It must have required much development time and testing time.

I hope to see back a number of the features in the webapp. While it is important that the efficiency of the webapp is not loss of the beautiful frivolities of IOS.

Thanks guys, great stuff!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
It looks great except...why does the stack on the far right need to be always visible? It gives all the screens where you're browsing through lists such a cluttered look. You can already see the number of tasks that there are within a list, so can't it just disappear and only pop up when you click upon a list (same as when you click upon a task).

Other than that, an icon to show there being a note within an action would be great (same as the web app).

Still, a great update overall. I especially love the clean look of the "Today" list, and the "This Week" overview.
Posted 11 years ago
mb01915 says:
Based on a day's worth of use, the update is outstanding. Thanks.
Posted 11 years ago
mattpackwood says:
Seeing tasks on the right makes the display cluttered, landscape mode in particular is pretty much useless. That format was ok with the iPad as the aspect ratio is more square. I would drop the iPad style landscape display and give us an alternate view, maybe a matrix style display of tasks by day, with the days of the week running across the top with the number of tasks by list / location / tag shown in columns below (so I can see how many personal tasks I have on Thursday vs work tasks for example).
Posted 11 years ago
action.manager says:
Why is there no swipe from right to left on individual tasks?

(compare with Sparrow for iPhone -with similar UI- actions on individual mails)
Posted 11 years ago
action.manager says:
Submitted swipe gesture as an "Idea". Please vote if you support this:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/15636/
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I wanna see the one-click buttons(today, tomorrow, list, this week, sync, add) on any screen.

Now first I must come back to the main.
Posted 11 years ago
strangeromo says:
great job! i love this new version.
Posted 11 years ago
bluecoqui says:
I'm a heavy web-interface user, but with this upgrade I might start using my iphone app way more often.
Posted 11 years ago
simphonic says:
First impressions are good - but there is one feature which appears to be missing in the new interface, which is the ability to swipe a task - then complete it. That was the most used feature for me. I would like to see the ability to swipe a task, then get a "Complete" & "Delete" option. I will check the idea submitted by action.manager and vote for that as it seems I am not the only one who liked that feature of the old interface. Otherwise great work...
Posted 11 years ago
figgs says:
So how long will it be before this interface comes to Android?
Posted 11 years ago
grahampcharles says:
Update is horrible. No swiping? No quick add? I have to zoom on each task to complete it then tap again to get back to my list? Who thought this would be better?
Posted 11 years ago
cobrastyle says:
For my part, I love the update. The responsiveness of the app is incredible; I haven't seen any slowness or even hesitation as I navigate through it.

Nice upgrades as well with the search screen (and saving searches), and seeing the entire task name - great touches that I was really hoping for but didn't expect.

Lastly, I think the press & hold for "complete" to show up (or postpone) is nicely done.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Update is horrible. No swiping? No quick add? I have to zoom on each task to complete it then tap again to get back to my list? Who thought this would be better?

+1
Posted 11 years ago
margaret.winn says:
I missed the swipe-to-complete, too -- what they've replaced it with is tap-and-hold, then the "Complete" button comes up on the task list. If you want "postpone", instead, you do tap-and-hold-and-then-slide-finger-up to get the "postpone" button.
Posted 11 years ago
pstoffel says:
@rnewsat: quick add is there... just don't use the "+" in the lower left corner, but use "Add Task" at the top of a list of tasks.
Posted 11 years ago
joseadrian says:
I know every task should be 2 to 5 words long, but sometimes its just not possible.
It would be great to have a compact view, so you crop every task to 1 line....
Posted 11 years ago
mattpackwood says:
So, scroll all the way up to the top of the list of tasks, scroll, scroll, oh here it is....vs. tap and add... As I said elsewhere, lets get the + back.... Maybe with an option to have the "smart" bar or the add dialog...
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
swiping and quick add is ok. But I have to return to the main befor going to today or tomorrow. The "this week, today, tomorrow, list" buttons are only on main menu.
Posted 11 years ago
porum says:
I'm also missing the Swipe to Complete. Too many "keystrokes" to complete something and get back to the list.
Posted 11 years ago
porum says:
ok - I should have read the blog first :-) Tap and Hold replaces swipe to complete.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
It is pretty slick in appearance and performance is great on my iPhone 4S. It does seems like you need to do more swiping than before to get things done.

Everyone is going to have a different idea on how this should work, personally, I switch lists, add tasks, and view task the most often, so reserving space for the toolbar and then having tasks take the rest of the space would be optimal for me.

The task list itself should popup when I need it( using the toolbar ) and be invisible otherwise.

As I get used to the new interface, my opinion may change :]
Posted 11 years ago
action.manager says:
Today the App asked me to rate it in the AppStore...

I really don't like that!

(though I'm happy to pay for Pro each year and *voluntarily* promote RTM)
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Love the new app! Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
mkmuc says:
Thanks for the great update. I only would like to see the today tasks and not overdue task too, if I push the the today button. Maybe you can create an extra button for overdue tasks?
Posted 11 years ago
venita.warren says:
Looks great! Now if only the iOS version of RTM could include the archiving function. Please!!!!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I really miss swipe to complete. And it seems that the iPad two-finger-swipe-to-complete isn't implemented here either. Feels like a step backwards in what is an otherwise excellent update.
Posted 11 years ago
mkmuc says:
@tismey: tap and hold to complete or slide up to postpone.
Posted 11 years ago
dgmckenna says:
tap and hold is much harder while walking or on the move. I typically used the phone to complete many tasks in a row, and find that much slower or harder than before. Adding tasks seems slightly slower.

I find myself using the app a lot less now than I did before, waiting instead till I'm at a PC.

Is there a way to revert back to the old app? I acknowledge there would be no tech support, etc. if you're running an old version.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.