Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Red circle on the app image to indicate the amount of tasks

fmaida says:
Er... how can I explain this?

...you probably know that some apps on the iphone have an icon with a red circle in the upper-right corner with a number inside. That number can mean different things: for example on the mail app it indicates the amount of unread messages.

What I'd like to ask you is this: is there a way of having a red circle on the app icon of RTM, to indicate the number of tasks that must be done within the day?

And if this feature is not available, can I ask it on the feature request page and in your opinion, how could I describe it? Do you think that speaking about that "red circle" is clear enough for an explanation? Do somebody else has already asked for this feature?
Posted at 10:02am on March 22, 2012
fmaida says:
Never mind, I just discovered that the shape is called "app badge" and is already supported.

Well, thanks anyway :-)
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
fmaida,
That red circle is called an app badge. You can set yours in the app's Settings to "Tasks Due Today", which will show you the count of all tasks due today (and it updates in the background, e.g. if you add or complete a task from the web or elsewhere).

If you're not seeing the app badge even after enabling this setting, can you contact us so we can take a look at a few things?

Hope this helps!
Posted 12 years ago
fmaida says:
Thank you
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.