Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM - Google Calendar integration makes me login every time

monkey.boy says:
Every time I click on the Check on google calendar, RTM wants me to login. Even if I login, the click another day, it still wants me to login again.

Anyone know if this is a bug? This doesnt happen if I go directly to RTM site, then close it, then go back to it again.
Posted at 4:06pm on December 25, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
monkey.boy, thanks for reporting this.

Can I ask which browser you're using, and if you're using an ad blocking extension?

Some ad blocking extensions don't allow cookies to be set in iframes (Remember The Milk is contained in an iframe in Google Calendar). If you're using an ad blocker, this is a possible reason for the login not working correctly. If you're using Firefox, to allow logins to Remember The Milk:

1. Go to the 'Tools' menu in Firefox
2. Click on 'Options...'
3. Click on 'Privacy'
4. Press the 'Exceptions' button
5. Enter 'rememberthemilk.com'
6. Press the 'Allow' button

If you use any other software that may conflict with this feature (e.g. various firewall, pop-up blocking and ad blocking software), we suggest adding 'www.rememberthemilk.com' and 'static.rememberthemilk.com' as exceptions to any ad blocking, script blocking, or pop-up blocking rules.

Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
tracy.davis says:
Aha. I made an entry under another post, but I tried this, and it seems to have fixed my problem. Thank you...
Posted 17 years ago
barryburnett says:
I too am having to login every time I click the task icon. I am using Firefox. I have added the urls you mention to every location I can think of. I'm not using any other ad or pop-up blocking software. I have disabled all extensions that I thought may interfere, including "Customize Google", "Google Calendar Notifier", etc. Any other ideas?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
barryburnett, perhaps try starting Firefox in safe mode -- this will disable extensions and start with the browser defaults. If you have another supported browser, you could also try this, as it would determine whether the problem is specific to Firefox on your computer. Hope this helps.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.