Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks deleted on web interface not deleted on the iPhone

(closed account) says:
Deleted many, many tasks on the web interface, then synced the iPhone. Deleted tasks still show up on the iPhone as being incomplete. How do I fix this?
Posted at 9:44pm on February 9, 2012
(closed account) says:
meh - just reset the iPhone app and resynced. It's ok now, but surely this is not the only way to do this. Shouldn't tasks deleted online also be deleted on the iPhone app when it's synced?
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
amswitzer112,
Yes, deleted tasks should synchronize to the iPhone app as well. If you recall any details about the steps you took (e.g. deleting lists, moving tasks and then deleting them, that kind of thing), it'd be great if you could contact us; we'd love to take a look!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
andrewski: I've just created a report ticket.
Posted 12 years ago
davender says:
This happened to me too. I haven't used the iphone app in a long while, when I opened it today there were lots of tasks from 2011 which were completed. I often use the iPad app and web interface. I reset the iphone app and things synced up okay. I will keep an eye on this and submit a trouble ticket if it happens again.
Posted 12 years ago
uli.ursus says:
I have 3 tasks which I marked as "done" (or "finished" or whatever - I use the German localization).
On the web as well as in the iPhone-app these 3 tasks do not show up in my lists. All is fine.

But: They are always listed in the iPhone's notifications (when I swipe from top to bottom on the screen). When I click on one of them I end up in RTM's today-list. But of course you cannot see that task there.

Does anyone know how to get rid of those zombies? I marked them in the web-interface as "active" and then marked them on the iPhone as "done" - no help.
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi uli.ursus,
The reminders you see in the iOS Notification Center are what was sent from Remember The Milk as a push notification. Once those are sent, there is no way to "edit" them (like when you complete a task); you can clear the reminders manually by tapping the X on the right, however.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.