Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Created events from within Mail.app won't save to RTM.

itraynis says:
So I got myself a deliciously white brand new iPhone 4s. I setup the whole Siri task creation thing as described on the blog and it works without problem.

However, I just discovered a new issue. If you happen to be going through your email and there is mention of a date, the Mail.app often gives you the option to click on the date and create a new event. When I do this and save it to the RTM calendar, it never syncs with RTM. It only remains visible within the Calendar.app if you have "Remember the Milk" checked off as one of the Calendars.

What am I doing wrong kiddos?
Posted at 8:35pm on December 13, 2011
brendan says:
Hi itraynis,
It's not currently possible to add events to the iPhone Calendar app and have them sync to Remember The Milk, sorry. The "Remember The Milk" CalDAV account you added can be used to create tasks from within the Reminders app (which is where they go when you ask Siri to remind you).

If you'd like to see your tasks from Remember The Milk displayed on the calendar, this page gives instructions on how to subscribe to the iCalendar feed. However, this is also a 1-way feed so you won't be able to add tasks to this calendar either.

Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see.
Posted 12 years ago
itraynis says:
brendan,

Thanks for the details. I already have iCal feed on my iPhone and update any upcoming events through the RTM.app. The Mail.app update was an attempt at something different...

Follow-up Question: If the RTM CalDav account is used to create tasks from within the built-in Reminder.app then why is it that if you go into the Reminder.app after creating an event, the newly created event almost instantly disappears. The result is I have 2 lists in there (Remember The Milk & Completed) that are always empty!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi itraynis,
The "Remember The Milk" list in Reminders is responsible for pushing tasks to your Remember The Milk account. Once the tasks have been transferred, they won't be available in Reminders anymore, so this list will always be empty.

While the list in Reminders is empty, the task will be available in your Remember The Milk account and you should be able to see it in the iPhone app, for example, after you sync.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
heathweaver says:
Please add CalDav support across the board. I've voted for this as well in ideas, but is it really so much more work now that you have it for Siri?
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.